Thursday, December 4, 2008

Down Memory Lane

~Love's enduring promises~

It felt like it was just yesterday that you hold my hands when I took my first step.
It felt like it was just yesterday that you educated me on the laws of life.
It felt like it was just yesterday that mum and I sang Old Black Joe in our wonderful home.
It felt like it was just yesterday that I found comfort in your ever consolling words.
It felt like it was just yesterday that you wiped away my tears.
It felt like it was just yesterday that you gave me a huge hug and I felt very safe again.
It felt like it was just yesterday that we spoke on world issues.
It felt like it was just yesterday that you told me my mistakes.
It felt like it was just yesterday that I reminded you to smile.
It felt like it was just yesterday that I told you to slow down.
But it has been half a year since you left on Decemnber 1.
And you are still living in my heart, and the love is growing stronger with each passing day!

No comments: