Friday, February 27, 2009

My Swimming Experience

Clad in a black lycra swimming suit with water neck high and holding on to the sides of the pool on a Monday evening is not exactly my idea of enjoying myself. I have always had this inborn fear of water , never particularly had any personal incident though! In the name of keeping my sisters company and to prove to myself that I can do it, I jumped into the water.Splash! Next thing I know, I was just holding on to the sides of the pool and moving from one end to the other. A movement that covered the rectangular shape of the pool. I did try to float. With both my hand positioned in a V-shape ( from the side view of course) , and pressing my hands on the blue tiles with all my might or simply put, with all my body weight focused on my shoulder joints, I managed to float, for a few seconds, hmm...the word "few" sounds too long, it was more like 0.0001 millisecond before my legs start hitting the floor of the pool. Then, the routine, I kicked myself upwards from the floor, then in I go again, pretty annoying. After much analyzing, I finally think its my heavy arse that pulls me down. It was more like a drowning lesson. You will feel the fun of getting yourself wet in the water just for that particular moment till reality hits you the next morning- the killing pain on my shoulders and chest muscle!Arghhh... Anyway, besides all the pain and my brilliant ideas of securing myself from drowning, it was still the best time of my life, just to be able to spend it with my family! Would love to do it again, though I am still sticking with my decision not to learn swimming in the near future. I feel out of control when I am in the water, the currents are too strong for me to be able to do anything in time plus considering the fact I am a bit slow, anyway don't want to mess with the power of nature.

No comments: