Monday, August 16, 2010

Now, That's My Old Man


Grandpa wins 1 year's supply of doughnuts

See, the happy man above? He is none other than dad's brother. He is like what Shrek describes,like an onion, as you peel of each layer you get to see the warm and caring heart in it. That truly describes him. A warm, caring and loving person whom you know you can count on. Anyway the fact that he waits for hours for doughnuts never surprises me in anyway at all, that is so him! So, enjoy che-re-cha (uncle).Congratulations!

From as early as 6am, Krispy Kreme fans queued patiently as they grabbed the chance to be one of the first 100 customers to stand in line to receive lasting supplies of delectable treats from Krispy Kreme in celebration of their Shah Alam outlet opening.

The outlet’s first customer that purchased a dozen Krispy Kreme doughnuts received a golden ticket, entitling the winner to a full year’s supply of Krispy Kreme’s mouth-watering doughnuts, redeemable weekly for 52 weeks. Mr Gopalan Nair waited patiently outside the mall throughout the whole of Thursday night before the outlet’s official opening at 10.00am on Friday morning.

“My nephew and niece were the ones that told me about the new outlet opening. I came to Plaza Shah Alam to check it out and registered as the first person in line! I am 63 years old, but I am doing this for the young ones. I stayed the whole night so that I could win the one-year’s supply, and make them happy,” says Mr Gopalan, tired but ecstatic with joy.

No comments: