Sunday, October 10, 2010

God Keep My Lecturers Sane!


(*This post is written purely after witnessing some lecturers behave*)As one gets older, one gets wiser! Now,that's common saying. But it does not apply to all. What I have observed is that as one gets older, one gets sarcastic, cynical and is filled with ego. And this apply true to most male lecturers, whose body pores are clogged with egoistic dust that do not allow them to breathe. Imagine this one lecturer who never gets satisfied with anything you do or rather I do in this context.He says things rather blandly.He behaves worst than my 8 year old nephew! I mean common if we knew all the things we would not be students we would be lecturers. How hard I try to please him, he always has that sarcastic smile that says tons of mean things without even uttering a single word.There was once , when he took our class and he talked something about knowing our subjects in and out, so he came up with this " If you know something so well, you can apply it in everything you do" next came the example of it - "I will horizontalize your perpendicularity" (apparently something uttered by a mathematician when he got angry with someone). Well, apparently that's the only thing about the entire class that I remember. He is so rigid. Wish he was a little flexible. Despite all this nonsense I still like him. And reasons for that? Because he reminds me of acha- certain things he talk, his nose ( a little long but almost similar), his cheeks especially, his colour and his spectacles ( same colour frame and size but it only lacks that extra smaller lens that there is in the middle like acha does) and to a certain extent his rigidity ( I remember having to remind acha how to smile all the time). Well he is still okay to a certain extent. But the worst is this other old man with titles attach to his name. All of those titles gives him respect anywhere and everywhere he goes, no the title is not GOD and yet he behaves like one. It gives me the shivers each time he smiles cause it is reeking in impurity and extremely fake. Boastful, definitely he is! My god , he deems respect all the time. We HAVE to listen to him and yet he asks for opinions from us when at the end of the day he is sticking with his decisions. A real pain! And totally makes our lives miserable. Favoritism is his in thing. If he likes a student, than it never matters how freaking stupid you are and you will always be liked. That's totally insane! The older he grows, the more crazy he gets. The only thing that is good about him is that he takes good lectures on a certain topic , otherwise I would not have an itsybitsy respect for him. On another note I was with a frustrated guy friend few days ago when he said this "Honesty does not serve its purpose , you must know how to survive" How true!

No comments: